Image Map

Friday, February 22, 2013

Updated Skincare Routine


I completely caved in and bought a Clarisonic earlier this month. I kept going back and forth if I really needed to spend over a hundred dollars, for a tool to clean my face. After reading almost all the reviews on Sephora, and talking to a few people who have it already, I couldn't say no.

Blog
For those of you who aren't familiar with what a Clarisonic is, let me fill you in. The brush rotates gently in semi circles to gently exfoliate the skin. It claims to clean skin six times better then using your hands. And let me tell you, they are telling the truth. I always thought what I was using was removing all my makeup, but my Clarisonic begs to differ. Along with just cleansing the face, it reduces size of pores and fine lines, which I can't complain. Now that I'm getting older I need to take care of my sun damaged skin, and I have already seen a huge improvement in the last month. I will warn you, since it is a gentle exfoliater, it's going to bring anything trapped under the skin to the surface. In other words, youre going to breakout, but in a good way. At first I was worried, but my skin's complextion has improved so much. So be patient and give yourself a month with the same routine.


I use my Clarisonic twice a day, when I first wake up, and before I go to bed. I was afraid it was going to dry out my already dry skin, but it didn't. I purchased the Clarisonic Mia with the sensitive brush head. There's specific brush heads for every type of skin, so make sure you purchase what's best for you. To pair with the Clarisonic I use the Philosphy Purity Made Simple which gives me a deep cleaning, but doesn't leave my skin itchy, or irritated. I picked this up because this is the most popular pair tonuse, but you can use any cleanser you prefer. I only need about a pea size amount, so if you're hesitant, try the small travel size version, because it will last you at least a month.

Blog
Last steps are to apply my favorite moisturizer, Josie Maran Argan Oil and Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream to reduce my under eye circles. For the argan oil you want to get the specific concentration for your skin. You can use a drugstore version if you want, but when it comes to you're skin you only have one. It can be pricey, but it's all how you apply it. I use only 5 drops, and pat it on my face when it's still damp. That trick will save you product, and allow the oil to spread easier on the face when you rub it in. And that is how I am getting clear, glowing skin!

1 comment:

  1. After reading almost all the reviews on Sephora, and talking to a few people who have it already, I couldn't say no. After reading almost all the reviews on Sephora, and talking to a few people who have it already, I couldn't say no. raw organic skincare

    ReplyDelete